Proper nutrition is essential for playing better tennis, feeling stronger, getting leaner and living with more energy.
Listen you can have the perfect workout program filled with the best tennis exercises to help improve your play, but if you don't have the energy to hit the weights, it is all for naught.
Remember, you are what you eat. Yes, this statement has been made before and t should be said again and again until the significance of its import is fully accepted. If you want your engine to hum, then feed it with premium gas. The more you make eating well a natural, habitual part of your life, the easier the rest of your life becomes.
Listed below are a number of helpful tips to practice daily... I thought it would be good to remind you of some of these ideas as we are starting out the new year...this is always a great time to start fresh and eat right. So here you go:
1. Drink water throughout the day (Drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces)
2. Eat 4-5 small meals every day. Eat every 3 hrs to avoid hitting energy lows.
3. Balance macro-nutrients with 40-50% of your calories being complex carbohydrates, 25-30% lean protein, 25-30% essential fats.
4. Eat breakfast.
5. Have fruits and veggies whenever possible.
6. Stay away from sodas. Sodas are filled with sugar and caffeine which spikes blood sugar levels.
7. Eat low-fat sources of protein.
8. Avoid heavy sauces and creams.
9. Eat as many colorful foods as possible.
10. Avoid large quantities of cheese.
11. Use light salad dressings.
12. Choose organic if possible
13. Eat dinner early.
14. At dinner, sequence your meals with soups and salads first.
15. Take a Super Green Food supplement.
16. Don't skip meals.
Be Well and Eat Well,