Monday, October 27, 2008

Welcome to Fit Tennis Player!

Hello Everyone,

I am absolutely thrilled to be able to bring this blog to life!  It has been a long time coming...but as the saying goes, "Good things come to those who wait".  My hope is that those "good things" come in the form of interesting and educational information and videos relating to tennis fitness.

Over the course of the 15 or so odd years that I have been creating tennis training programs for clients- from the recreational tennis player to tour professionals- I have had the good fortune of learning so much along the way...both from ideas and training programs that have worked great and those that quite honestly were not so hot.  At the end of the day, it is through both our successes and failures that hopefully we gain insight, wisdom and grow along the way.  

It is my sincere hope that through this blog, I can share with all of you, those "things" relating to tennis training which I believe can help take your game to the next level.  To that end, I'll be covering topics that will include strength and conditioning, speed, agility and quickness, core stability, balance, nutrition, sport psychology and so much more. 

So here's to the sport of lifetime...whose competitors are, in my eyes, the ultimate athletes. 

Train on Purpose and Play with Passion,
Adam

P.S. Oh yeah, in case you haven't seen any of my One Minute Clinics on the Tennis Channel, check out the video below.  It is one of a series I did for them recently.  Some of the others can be found at TennisChannel.com/omc



No comments: